What's new in Tiles 3.0
New features in Tiles 3.0
- Apache Request: a framework independent request abstraction. Implementations for Servlet, Portlet, JSP, Velocity, FreeMarker and Mustache.
- Apache Autotag: a tool that automatically generates tags (or tag-like) artifact from a common template code for a range of templating languages. All the Tiles 3 boilerplate code to templating models has been removed and uses the Autotag plugins instead: it's a lot of boilerplate, boring code, now generated automatically.
Deprecations in Tiles 3.0
- Starting Tiles in a web environment using a dummy Servlet. Use a SerlvetContextListener instead.
- Don't use the AttributeContext interface to pass attribute values to Tiles. Expression Languages are an easier, more maintainable way to change the value of attributes on a per-render basis.
Removals in Tiles 3.0
- Upgraded from JavaSE 5.0 to JavaSE 6.0.
- Upgraded from Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 to Servlet 2.5 and JSP 2.1.
- Changed the Java API to adopt the Request API. The XML files and taglibs are compatible with tiles 2.2.
- Dropped the parameter based configuration that was deprecated in 2.2.